Saturday, October 11, 2014

from the red light district.. with love

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Before I knew it another month flew by.. I look behind me and see God's grace and mercy following me in each situation where I worried and stressed.. I think "Wow, that situation looked so messy in the moment" and then I see God worked it all out perfectly... for me to learn from each challenge and encouraged by each victory.

Living and working in an intense city is quite the experience.. you share your life with the broken.. the burned out.. and the tired. I am in constant need of being filled up with the Spirit.. looking and seeing what my Father in Heaven is saying and doing first.. looking at every situation with the Father's eyes because He sees the finished product.  I dare say we will have troubles here on earth, that is promised. What is also promised is that if we share in His sufferings, we will share in His glory. It's great to know that everyday there is victory with the Lord. Which is crazy to some but blessed are those who do not see and yet still believe.

I am planning to staff the Shine Seminar "A seminar on the global sex trade and a Christian response" which will be in March in Amsterdam. I also plan to teach on God's destiny for individuals and calling them into it. I know that this will be a catalyst to take the message of modern day slavery to other nations where the church is wanting to know what they can do about it.. and challenging the church of what and how God wants them to be apart of it in all spheres of society.

Until then, I am planning to go home for the holidays as well as raise funds to return to Europe. I will be volunteering with my local church and doing some local outreach in San Diego with women who are in prostitution there as well. There is an amazing ministry called JC's girls with the Rock church and I hope to join them.

I'll be leaving on Wednesday for the UK ... for a couple weeks.. and then heading to the States!

If you would like to contribute towards my flight home, you can do so by clicking on the PayPal link. God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment